Saturday, September 22, 2012

Dohp

    “It was then that I heard of your accomplishments on Iohsw,” said Claudio McAwesome.  “So, I left Nifap to come help you with said accomplishments.  I heard you were going to Standos, so I set forth to meet you there.”
    “Well,” said RoboRabbit, “you were perfectly timed.  But how could you have heard of my accomplishments in the first place?”
    “Armaninx publishes a newspaper,” replied Claudio McAwesome.  “He must have continued it in secret whilst traveling with you.”
    “I am glad that you had combat training, and honored that you would leave your home planet to come to my aid.”
    They had been walking for quite some time on planet Dohp, where Teddy had landed.  They had destroyed Teddy's ship and locked theirs before tracking him.  Dohp was a very green planet with no trees, only grass and a few bushes here and there.
    “There are many reasons for my departure from Nifap,” said Claudio McAwesome.  “The people wanted me to stay, but not because they would miss me.  They wanted me to be exactly like all the other people on my planet, with no influence from you or anyone else.  But the truth is that I'm not like them.”
    “Aren't they muqcif?”
    “Yes, but I'm not.  I have yet to decide what I am, but I'm certainly not muqcif.”
    “Well, maybe on this journey you will discover what you are,” said RoboRabbit, turning the other way to see if there were any traces of Teddy.  There were none.  He turned back to Claudio McAwesome to find that she was no longer there.  He heard nothing.  It was complete silence.
    RoboRabbit continued to stroll along through the grass, feeling more sad and lonely than ever before.  The tracks he was following were less than an hour old.  He was getting close to Teddy.  After about half an hour he started to recognize the landscape around him.  He was minutes behind Teddy, who had apparently gone in a circle.  He walked up to the place he had parked, right next to Teddy's now-destroyed ship, and beheld his own ship taking off.
    “Goodbye, RoboRabbit,” said Teddy, “and have a nice eternity stranded on Dohp!”
    RoboRabbit shot at the ship, but his efforts were futile.  He had too awesome of a ship.  Now he was truly alone.  He was alone to wander Dohp for all eternity, searching for that which could have been his.  And Claudio McAwesome was obviously taken by some other enemy.  Maybe RoboRabbit shouldn't have banished the squirrels after all.